Crankshaft thread specs on a 1999 sx700

Whydibuyatriple?

Bought a sx700 last year and had the nut holding the flywheel come off while over on mackinaw island. Limped it all the way back to the mainland at 1500 rpm going about 5mph. Im lucky it didnt burn up the pistons with how hot and lean it was running with an only partially working stator. Anyways unfortunately with the flywheel rattling around it slightly peened the threads on the end of the crankshaft. It looks like there is more than enough thread left to fix, but I have no idea what that reverese thread size is on the end of the crank shaft so I can buy a rethreading die. Google hasn't been much help.

Was hoping someone on here would know what size rethreading die I would need for this job.

Is to too much damage for a file to clean up?

Not too much damage, I tried hitting it with a file but it's at a tough angle to file it. If it comes to it I may have to try that, or use an angle grinder to just take a small 45 degree cut off the end. I'm really hoping though I can find the thread specs and try a rethreading die.

part number is 90170-16425-00
I think the part number indicates it’s a 16 mm nut?
Don’t know if pitch can be deciphered from it though.
Most of the motor stuff is .125 pitch though

part number is 90170-16425-00
I think the part number indicates it’s a 16 mm nut?
Don’t know if pitch can be deciphered from it though.
Most of the motor stuff is .125 pitch though

Thanks, possibly knowing the pitch will help me moving forward. Unfortunately with such an oddball threading buying a rethreading die is probably going to involve a one off order from a specialty manufacturer. It sucks this isn't something I can go into the hardware store with and try stuff out on the nut until I find the right thread.

a nut/bolt/rivit supplier. i buy stavex pop rivits (yamaha style) from them for fixing sleds and we use them to fill the bolt bins at work.

Back