2000 srx700 rebuild questions

hessracing

Hey guys I just rolled 6000 miles thinking I'm going to fresher up a bit and put a new upper in her. Any suggestions stock vs wiesco? Another thing that was a bit strange granted it was warm probably 45 degrees last weekend and it did not happen all the time but when I was on a grade at wot i had a bog? thinking its temperature related because i did not have any other symptoms possible power valves need to be adjusted?

Measure your pistons before assuming they need to be replaced.

And probably your power valves need adjusting / cleaning

If the symptom ONLY happened while the sled was on a grade I would think it's fuel related. 45 degrees is pretty warm, plus hot motor...wide open... Do you have a temp gauge and if so, what was the temp?

Just where can ya find the piston specs? I just bought a 2001 700SXR that has right at 8000 miles on it. Nice sled and starts and runs good, but I'm thinking pistons and rings at least. If the pistons are still good no sense in replacing them. I haven't even taken a compression yet. I'm hard hearing and don't want to take a chance by just doing a compression check and calling it good. Can't really find much info on the sled.

Thanks Charlie.

Sounds good fella's no the carb warmers were not on. no I do not have a temp gauge the besides the factory one it never went off either. I'm thinking it might be powervalve related.

Back