TORS help please

MountainMax01

Hey guys, I have a 95 Vmax DX600 and had problems with the TORS light coming on the dash and unable to move. I bypassed the two wires going to the carb on the harness and carb sides which normally fixes these issues but in my case it does not. It will work fine sometimes then leave me stranded unable to move and light flashing. How can I remove this systems completely ? And any idea why it would still act up when bypassed?

I don't think anyone has responded because this is a tough one...TORS is still engaging even when by-passed??? The only thing I can think of is it somehow isn't bypassed correctly. Can you post a pic of how you bypassed it please?

I unplugged the two male/female plugs from the harness coming from the top of the throttle bracket where the throttle cable goes in, there is a switch there (the only wires i could see) and connected them to each other (just to keep them clean) and the other 2 going back in the harness are also then connected to each other basically completeting the loop. and it works, but at times the tors light still comes on and flashes and she wont' move. I can't trust it to take out anymore

https://imgur.com/3dLo8Sp

Looks bypassed correctly. I don't have any idea what would still engage the dash light and cause it to limit the rpm's.

might have to do the handle bar switch as i have seen a few guys on here have that go bad.

I tried that too, tried to short out the 2 wires at the throttle harness side, and tried to leave it open, still no difference either way.

Back