Engine knock on 700 vmax

Someone peeled a layer out. Very common as Mr Murder said. Peeling layers out of the head gasket gives you more compression, extra horsepower. I myself peel one layer

Okay so I replaced the jug and piston. All new rings and gaskets. Fired it up and sounds much better. I wasn't getting any oil and figured out I needed to bleed the pump. Hard to tell but I think it's working now. Here's my concern. I replaced every line including the ones on the bottom of the crank case. I have no way of knowing if those two lines are still "airbound". I don't want to blow the engine because it's not getting oil to the case. How can I know it's working without taking the top end off again? Do these two possibly self bleed?

Is there oil in the line going to your fuel pump?

Yes. The line to the pump as well as the line to the fuel pump have oil. It's the two underneath the motor that I cannot see. These I assume are the ones that lube the crank and rods.

I just got a mirror under the motor and it looks like no oil in the lines! I don't know how to bleed those lines underneath. Any thoughts?

I think that is a vent line ?
Not 100% on that, but thought the only line that pumped oil was the one going to the fuel pump.
If you have cracked the bleeder, and saw oil coming out, you should be good to go.

I think that is a vent line ?
Not 100% on that, but thought the only line that pumped oil was the one going to the fuel pump.
If you have cracked the bleeder, and saw oil coming out, you should be good to go.

I'm pretty sure one line comes from the oil pump and the other just runs from one side of the crankcase to the other but I'll see if I can confirm that. How else would the crank and piston rods get lubrication?

2 strokes are lubricated from the fuel mixture
Think about a 2 stroke that uses premixed fuel.
No oil pump at all.

2 strokes are lubricated from the fuel mixture
Think about a 2 stroke that uses premixed fuel.
No oil pump at all.

Yeah but I always thought that the fuel/oil mix only lubed the top end. Otherwise the lower half of the motor would be full of fuel. Sorry I am completely new to 2-strokes that's why so many questions.... Thanks for helping though.

bleed the pump, run some premix in the first little bit & hold the oil cable wide open.

Hmm I hadn't thought of manually holding the oil cable wide open! I was too afraid to race the engine if it wasn't getting proper lubrication. I'll try this for sure! Thanks.

Hmm I hadn't thought of manually holding the oil cable wide open! I was too afraid to race the engine if it wasn't getting proper lubrication. I'll try this for sure! Thanks.

you should be worried about running the engine at any rpm without lubrication. so pre mix some fuel, may have to drain the carbs if they have straight gas in them, let the machine idle while you hold the oil pump wide open by pulling the adjustment portion apart in the cable once you are satisfied it has been feeding it oil via pump.

Back