Early viper engines

TrueBlue

VIP Lifetime Member
Looking to install another engine in my 02Viper. Is there any difference in a 02,03,04 or even a 05 mountain Viper that wold not work in a 02.

Thanks
Rich

Can I disconnect the knock sensor or plug it up & use that complete block from a 2004 into a 2002 Viper frame.

I am not sure what dcs stands for, could you explain. Can i use the stator from a 2004 Viper & install it on a 2002 viper.

if sensor is there, there will be no plug in your harness for it, so no worries.

the reason why the stator is different would be the digital hand warmers on the 04+ viper sleds.

if sensor is there, there will be no plug in your harness for it, so no worries.

the reason why the stator is different would be the digital hand warmers on the 04+ viper sleds.

Is there going to be a problem if I use the stator from the 2004 Viper engine on my 2002 Viper engine., or my stator off my 2002 Viper into a 2004 Viper engine, Can anything go wrong.

Detonation control system
It will retard the timing if it senses knock from things like low octane fuel.

I checked the part No's for all the stators from 2002- 2005 & they all have the same part numbers, so is there a difference.

04 Stator

I understand what you are saying, but I wold like to leave the stator in the 04 Viper engine & just install that engine in my 02 Viper would everything work OK. i looked at the parts list for the all the Vipers from 02-05 and they all have the same part No's for all of the Stators. The part No. that they show for all the Vipers is the original part No. in my 02 Viper. If anything what could happen.

Than's in advance
Rich

Back