Bronze primary cover bushings

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
What would cause a primary cover bushing to wear out within a hundred miles? And I mean wore out as in 15 thou gap the while way around the shaft. Clutch out of balance? Crank run out excessive?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Was it one from royal that you used to replace? Had the same issue and ended up buying one from a yami dealer.

Can you buy a bronze bushing for a pro action sled from a Yamaha dealer?

A guy on one of the groups on FB has bronze bushings for sale.I use a couple in my secondaries which are wearing fine but one of the primarys I put a cover bushing in didn't last any time and has wore to the point it isn't even close to touching the shaft any more.I ended up putting the oem fiber bushing back in to finish my season but I'm still curious why this one has deteriorated so fast.The other sled I have didn't end up with many miles this winter so the wear wasn't a factor on that one.

I have tried 4-5 bronze bushings from the Maxx perf inventory sale on facebook. ONE has fit after it has been pressed on. The others are way to tight to slide on the shaft. I tried for the primary, too tight.

Back