Sad day...

Glad you didn't get hurt. I just recently witnessed a polaris going end over end in a high speed spill right in front of me. The rider looked like a rag doll. Amazingly the rider walked away and the sled was ridable. Be careful out there!

IMO... 2 strokes forever. For trail riding, maybe a 4 stroke is ok, but for mountain riding, 4 strokes are in the past! Yamaha has lost that market and they won't get it back unless they listen to the consumer which is not likely. Ski-Doo has just introduced a factory turbo, 2 stroke, EFI 850. That's the beta, standby for refinement. I'll wait a year or two to pick one up so the bugs get worked out, but I'll always have my Vipers. They are just too fun if setup correctly.

Moving to four stroke was a happy day for me. I still own a few older two strokes, but I could never ever go back to a two stroke for my main sled. I don't miss the smell, the sound, the soft power in the lower revs, or having to dump oil in.
That SRX will always be a classic, but you will really like your new ride.
Maybe you should have opted for the Winder.....:)

I thought about the winder but spend 98% in the trails. Plus saved myself about $7000 to boot buying a leftover.

Glad you didn't get hurt. I just recently witnessed a polaris going end over end in a high speed spill right in front of me. The rider looked like a rag doll. Amazingly the rider walked away and the sled was ridable. Be careful out there!

IMO... 2 strokes forever. For trail riding, maybe a 4 stroke is ok, but for mountain riding, 4 strokes are in the past! Yamaha has lost that market and they won't get it back unless they listen to the consumer which is not likely. Ski-Doo has just introduced a factory turbo, 2 stroke, EFI 850. That's the beta, standby for refinement. I'll wait a year or two to pick one up so the bugs get worked out, but I'll always have my Vipers. They are just too fun if setup correctly.
In the mid 2000s it looked like yamaha was going to own the snowmobile market due to the coming EPA regs(End of the smoker)but Doo came with ETEC,EPA regs weren,t as strict,and a guy name Chris Burrant decide to start riding his Poo between the trees:shock:,plus many mistakes by Yamaha(too many chassis/too much cost)doomed the sled division to what we have today.Never taught i leave the Yamaha brand for my next sled but the Phazer was getting long in the tooth so i pulled the trigger on a brand new,leftover 2017 MXZ850x.Still have Yamaha sleds in my stable(04warrior,14 Phazer rtx,96 ET410II) but gotta give credit to Doo for a better fourstroke(Really a smoker) sled........87298511_10156545814187024_5600175868337979392_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have ridden the 850 ski doo's. They are a nice sled. Right around the same cost as a sidewinder. Not sure what you paid for the left over. I was looking at the silver and orange ltx winder. Nice looking sled. But I do give doo credit for there sled. I would own one if Yamaha went under. Had Ski doo before and not afraid to go back. Built in GPS is one reason plus the suspension.

I have ridden the 850 ski doo's. They are a nice sled. Right around the same cost as a sidewinder. Not sure what you paid for the left over. I was looking at the silver and orange ltx winder. Nice looking sled. But I do give doo credit for there sled. I would own one if Yamaha went under. Had Ski doo before and not afraid to go back. Built in GPS is one reason plus the suspension.
$12900 Cdn on the snow was the price(won,t take the phazer on trade,too hard to sell:mod::babe:).Saved over $5 grand off the list.Sled was PDI in 2016 and sat in the dealer along with three other 850s(TNTs). Use to see it on the showroom floor every season like a unwanted puppy(Seems everybody wants freerides and summits:dunno:).There loss my gain....:2strokes:........

Back