Sad day...

RB2001SRX700

Lifetime Member
Well 2 weeks ago was a sad day for me. I sold my 2001 SRX. It was a great sled and will be missed. But I can take comfort in the fact the sled will put smiles on the new owners face. I now join the four stroke side for I now own (paying for ) a 2020 Yama/cat Viper LTX SE. I have a ton of spare parts that will eventually make there way on here and ebay for sale. I have learned so much on this site and will continue to learn on the four stroke side.

I still have the 04 venom so will still be watching the 2 stroke side for parts if needed.

Thank you all for your knowledge and hospitality.
RB2001SRX700

Dont be Sad, you just stepped into another level.. we never loose our passion for the older sleds when we are snowmobiles lovers! :)

Yes, a lower level.... Lol !
j/k....
someday when Im too old to pull a recoil, I might have one too..
but you'll have to pry my 2 strokes out of my cold dead hands.. :D

Better ending than mine, last year I was out for a sunday ride rounding a blind left hand corner at 30 km/h and someone came plying out of control and hit me, writing both sleds off. Insurance bought my 2001 sxr off of me but I was looking to hang onto it forever.

Better ending than mine, last year I was out for a sunday ride rounding a blind left hand corner at 30 km/h and someone came plying out of control and hit me, writing both sleds off. Insurance bought my 2001 sxr off of me but I was looking to hang onto it forever.

That really sucks bro, did you get hurt?

I knew it was a bad corner since it was in my neck of the woods so I slowed down and prepared in case something were to go south. Thankfully I did because as soon as I realized i could not get out of the way and couldn't save the sled I pulled my left left leg out of the way and tried to ditched the sled and went right over the handle bars when he hit me. He hit right where my left leg would have been, folded the running board and trailing arm. Shoulder was beat up and my knee a little but i walked away. Sure as hell have some ptsd from that crash, i have a hard time going around corners with any speed now. I caught the whole thing on Gopro & the insurance company put me 100% not at fault.

I knew it was a bad corner since it was in my neck of the woods so I slowed down and prepared in case something were to go south. Thankfully I did because as soon as I realized i could not get out of the way and couldn't save the sled I pulled my left left leg out of the way and tried to ditched the sled and went right over the handle bars when he hit me. He hit right where my left leg would have been, folded the running board and trailing arm. Shoulder was beat up and my knee a little but i walked away. Sure as hell have some ptsd from that crash, i have a hard time going around corners with any speed now. I caught the whole thing on Gopro & the insurance company put me 100% not at fault.

I seen a video of a crash online some wheres but can not place it. It was posted by someone else with the permission of the guy that recorded it. Same way your crash was. Glad to hear you were okay. Sucks to loose a sled like that.

Murder Yamaha, I will always love the 2 stroke sleds as that is were I cut my teeth so to speak. It was sad to see it go but the guy handed me $2200 with no questions. My wife still rides the 04 venom yet and she does not want to get ride of it. So that sled will probably never go any where's even if she does upgrade to a 4 stroke.

Well thank god!! I have been side swiped like that before.. always better to be proactive.

You should post the footage!

I've thought about it but here is the thing; even though I was deemed 100% not at fault by an accident investigator and i know i did everything in my control to avoid the accident if I post the video no matter what I will have people saying " you could have done this" , "you could have done that" or some thing along those lines and I don't want to have to defend myself and relive that incident again. I may post the damage to the sled and a screen shot or 2.

I seen a video of a crash online some wheres but can not place it. It was posted by someone else with the permission of the guy that recorded it. Same way your crash was. Glad to hear you were okay. Sucks to loose a sled like that.

Murder Yamaha, I will always love the 2 stroke sleds as that is were I cut my teeth so to speak. It was sad to see it go but the guy handed me $2200 with no questions. My wife still rides the 04 venom yet and she does not want to get ride of it. So that sled will probably never go any where's even if she does upgrade to a 4 stroke.

It really does, I was looking to keep that one and just make it a lake runner. Although I did learn a lot working on the sled and that will stick with me forever.

Anyways, since then I've moved to a 2015 Skidoo renegade 800X. Its a good running sled and performs well, although it does not corner like my SXR. Also I clipped a culvert with it and bent the s-module already..... just finished putting it back together. If that was my SXR I would have been replacing a trailing arm at most LOL. I still have a 2000 SXR 700 in my fleet which is why i still hang around here.

Well 2 weeks ago was a sad day for me. I sold my 2001 SRX. It was a great sled and will be missed. But I can take comfort in the fact the sled will put smiles on the new owners face. I now join the four stroke side for I now own (paying for ) a 2020 Yama/cat Viper LTX SE. I have a ton of spare parts that will eventually make there way on here and ebay for sale. I have learned so much on this site and will continue to learn on the four stroke side.

I still have the 04 venom so will still be watching the 2 stroke side for parts if needed.

Thank you all for your knowledge and hospitality.
RB2001SRX700

Moving to four stroke was a happy day for me. I still own a few older two strokes, but I could never ever go back to a two stroke for my main sled. I don't miss the smell, the sound, the soft power in the lower revs, or having to dump oil in.
That SRX will always be a classic, but you will really like your new ride.
Maybe you should have opted for the Winder.....:)

Who's your insurance provider? Mine wouldn't put fire/theft etc on claimed 2001 to old not worth anything Worth enough to charge 300 a year for strictly liability though.

Who's your insurance provider? Mine wouldn't put fire/theft etc on claimed 2001 to old not worth anything Worth enough to charge 300 a year for strictly liability though.

My insurance company still is/was The Personal. Wow, $300 a year is a lot more than I paid for liability on my 01 SXR. So here is the interesting thing thing, which I never knew about insurance in Ontario; I never put collision or anything on my SXR since it was an older machine and I figured it was not worth the investment. when I got into my accident I figured I was going to lose the whole value of the machine because of that.... BUT, unknown to me, Ontario has this thing called "No Fault Compensation" where with only liability they will pay you out the value of your machine to the percentage you are deemed "not at fault". So in my case I was deemed 100% not at fault and was paid out the whole appraised value of my sled, which was more than expected. Basically what happens is your insurance company covers you out of their own pockets immediately if they deem you not at fault, then them and the other insurance company battle it out at a later date.

These days I put liability on any motorized vehicle I'd use in public or on crown land; boats, motocross bikes, sleds, you name it. For the price I can sleep easy at night knowing someone cant come out and take everything i own including the kitchen sink over a lawsuit.... it really is "cheap insurance" lol. A friend of mine was sledding in my area an someone on a rental sled hit my friend and filed a law suit against my friend for any reason you could think, there was a page of reasons... things like " snowmobile may have not been maintained properly, rider may have lacked the ability to ride properly, rider may have had a malfunctioning headlight".... just trying to get money. At that point you just hand it to the insurance company and move on with your life. Wild times we live in.

Back