Engine over reving then dropping down under WOT

Equalizer

I did few engine mods to an old 1980 enticer 340 and after some testing ended up adding 3 grams to the center hole in the weights, this brought the rpm's down to 6600rpm's where it should be but it's still spiking to about 7100rpm from a stop before settling down and holding. Can't recall ever running into this before and wondered if anyone had any thoughts/advice?

More spring tension in the secondary will control that better.
But, I know nothing about those sleds, if thats doable on that sled or not.

Thanks guys, much appreciated! Yes, pretty tricky to get traction with it now but even playing around on the grass it's still doing it. Rpms jump to 7100-7200 then once the skis come down, say roughly 75ft, the rpms start dropping down and continue dropping down for another 300ft then hold steady at 6600 [peak power for the 340] Murder Yamaha, you're thinking increase the spring tension on the secondary then load up on the rivets in the primary to bring the rpms back down to the target area?

Hold the phone here...
Gave you the wrong info.

If you are over reving from the hit, then LESS secondary spring pressure is what you would want, allowing the secondary to open up sooner, which would in turn lower rpm.

I am getting old.... my apologies...lol

Haha, I'm sure I would have figured it out once I started playing with the clutching, hope to tackle it this weekend.

Back