Wrist pins

fullcoda

Doing the top end with new pistons, wrist pins stuck, need a puller, can't seem to find one. anyone know where to buy one?

There are other ways that work better than a puller does.
Get a C clamp.
A deep well socket on one side, big enough to allow pin to enter it, and a deep well socket on the other side, just smaller than the pin.
This worked when the piston pin puller would not.

The middle one in the pic is what I have. Wouldn't budge the stuck pin.
I used the C clamp method with some heat, squeaked right out.

Thanks for all the advice guys, (as usual), I happened to catch up with a friend who had a puller I could borrow, pins came out fairly easy. It's cool that when I had it all stripped apart that everything looked more like 2000 miles than 8000 miles. Gotta love these Yamaha engines. All put back together now, everything went well, paid extra attention to the pin clips, smeared everything down with 2 stroke oil, now just need to fill and burp coolant. Which by the way sounds a little confusing to me, gotta wrap my head around it.

You probably already know this, but there is a air bleed screw in the rear heat exchanger/crossover pipe.

Also, a good idea to change the rubber coated washer between the impeller and impeller bolt head. These leak often with miles.

Back