New to forum

3pistons

Hello. MY name is Scott and I am new to the forum. I am looking to do a build on my 98 SRX 700. I would like to know if mr viper is still doing this kind of work or should I look elsewhere? Thanks!

Simons CPR does a nice 780 I hear.
I know Mr. Viper recommends his stuff.
Not sure if he is still doing it or not.

Anyone else run a 780? Who would you recommend? Simon CPR? Hauck? Other? My 3 cylinder background is mainly in rotax triples with a little Arctic cat/Suzuki triple time as well. Obviously the same principles apply as far as general mods but not familiar with who was the best or more importantly offered the best after sale support in the yamaha aftermarket. My search brought me here but it sounds like mr viper is no longer doing this kind of work. I know the old triples are just simply old by today standards but someone must still be building them. Any further help is appreciated. Thanks!

Justin Fuller at Full Power Performance is your best guy to talk to regarding Yamaha stuff. He designed the 835 and might have some 780's laying around or even a 835, I guess it depends on what your goal is though.

Your sled is 22 years old. These yamaha kits are expensive. You said you are familiar with Ski Doo. A guy on amsnow is selling this:
This is one of a kind 800 open motor built by MRE. After Paul McCloud Built it it ran 238HP on Union Bay Dyno.
Give me a call and we can talk! 800cc with carbs and pipes, winning motor at world series and holds world speed recored for open 800.
this motor is a winning package. this motor complete with new spare crankshaft and pistons.new this motor sold for over $16,000.00
must sell building for different class now with MSD Digital 7 Plus Ignition. $3600.00
It was on hold for a guy in michigan, unable to make contact with him and it is back up for sale.

This motor run 5.12's Heavy mod weight with a cleated track with a good studded rubber track this motor in a open chassis will run in the 5.0s.
with the new pro mod rule it can be used in this class also.
Make a offer!!!! Must sell
Tim Magnin
920-373-4607

Thanks for the reply but I am not looking to turn it in to a full blown drag racer. I understand there is a cost and also understand the cost is higher as the years go by and there are fewer srx's that are left. With that said I still feel there will be a couple options for a 780 build as that seems to be the consensus as to the largest reliable trail big bore for the 700 srx. Once this virus starts to subside and some of the shops doing this kind of work return to work I will see whats still available. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Hello,

I have ordered one cylinder from cvtech-aab. They do bore 73mm and nicasil coating. That was replace cylinder for 780kit. I think it is also possible to ask them to do some porting.

Back