Carburetor Heatng Knob

TrueBlue

VIP Lifetime Member
I have a 2002 Viper 700. I am trying to turn the Carburetor heating knob but it seems that it is stuck in the off position. Does anyone know how to loosen it up. I loosen the bolt above the knob but that didn't do any good. I don't want. to force it & brake it off.

Than's
Rich

spray it with pb blaster once everyday for 3-4 days, turn it with some channel locks

What is the bolt above the knob for. Can I remove the bolt & spray some pb blaster in the bolt hole to loosen it up.

What is the bolt above the knob for. Can I remove the bolt & spray some pb blaster in the bolt hole to loosen it up.

No don’t do that. It’s a fake coolant bleeder hole. Won’t help ya at all. They are very hard to turn, could never turn by hand right from factory. I use channel locks and give it a turn. I just leave it on. Never had a problem.

No don’t do that. It’s a fake coolant bleeder hole. Won’t help ya at all. They are very hard to turn, could never turn by hand right from factory. I use channel locks and give it a turn. I just leave it on. Never had a problem.

Thankn you.

Mine even shut off it will let coolant go through a bit. What is it for any way ? I see that it goes through every carbs.... but what is the purpose of it?

Back