exciter 570 jetting for summer project

88 yamaha 570

hey y'all i need a bit of help here, i put an exciter 570 engine on a gocart and having difficulties getting it to start, ive done a ton of research on it but haven't found anything close to what im running. im currently just trying to get it to start with no filters or airbox so i can do some test running and it wont fire unless i hold my hands over the carbs and crank it, then it bogs like crazy. eventually it will start to run better once its warmed up but for what i need to test its too difficult to start. what my question is, is what i should run for jetting with open carbs, or i can clamp a couple filters i have from my sportsman that happen to fit it. im gonna order some uni filters but im not certain yet as to if im going to keep and tune these carbs or just pick up a set of flat slides off a vmax 500 or 600 but at the moment i cant source anything local. ive tried leaning out the air/fuel screw a bit and it seems to run a little better but just curious what you guys thought i should do for jetting if i do happen to keep these carbs.

Back