Piston rings

fullcoda

Doing top end for the first time, everything going well. Bought a Wiseco rebuild set which had everything I needed except bearings, which I bought and replaced anyway. My question is I checked the end gap on one of the new rings and came up with 0.012" to 0.013" being forceful on the 0.013". The manual specs. it at 0.014" to 0.022. I'm wondering if this is good enough to run. Worried that when the rings heat up and expand that they may butt together. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

go with the manual specs. the difference might not seem like much but better to be safe than ruin a jug/head.

If it was mine I would leave it. You want 3-4 thousandths per inch of bore, so you are good. Opening the gap results in power loss.
Install the smaller gap rings in the top groove(if some are smaller gap), larger in bottom.

74Nitro nailed it. Upon further investigation, Wiseco states that I would want .004" gap per inch of bore. My bore is 2.71, which equals .011(nominal) of end gap. I have .012. I'm gonna run it. As usual, thanks for the help guys.

Back