Redhead stator

Gabutch

So I've got a 2002 redhead stator sitting on the bench. I bought an 02 Viper with an SRX top end on it and a 2000 or older redhead stator wired together in inside. Guy claimed it ran. I dont think so. So my question is, will this high output stator for the redhead work in my Viper motor and be alright?

So I've got a 2002 redhead stator sitting on the bench. I bought an 02 Viper with an SRX top end on it and a 2000 or older redhead stator wired together in inside. Guy claimed it ran. I dont think so. So my question is, will this high output stator for the redhead work in my Viper motor and be alright?

I would say no, I am no expert on this but that seem pretty cobbled.

I'm asking if the 300w output stator for my 02 redhead work? I already know not to use the 180w stator to try to run the machine. It just couldn't do it. I checked the numbers and the first 3 numbers of the part # are different not counting the 8. Redhead stator is 8DM and Viper starts 8EK and the rest are all the same. I visibly dont see any difference in them except for the rubber grommet is different and the wires are lo ger. That's all. I dont have a Viper stator to test to see if they are within spec but I'm thinking they aren't off by much. To be honest, I thi k it would work. Once I get it together I think I will try just to confirm or deny my guess. If it doesnt work, I'll just buy a new one since the price has dropped drastically.

I'm asking if the 300w output stator for my 02 redhead work? I already know not to use the 180w stator to try to run the machine. It just couldn't do it. I checked the numbers and the first 3 numbers of the part # are different not counting the 8. Redhead stator is 8DM and Viper starts 8EK and the rest are all the same. I visibly dont see any difference in them except for the rubber grommet is different and the wires are lo ger. That's all. I dont have a Viper stator to test to see if they are within spec but I'm thinking they aren't off by much. To be honest, I thi k it would work. Once I get it together I think I will try just to confirm or deny my guess. If it doesnt work, I'll just buy a new one since the price has dropped drastically.

May as well give it a shot then.

Back