Thread: trailer floor rebuild

Default trailer floor rebuild

Hello gang,

I bought a used Aluminium Mission trailer. I had no choice to remorve the old floor and replace it. This is 1/2'' plywood. I changed it but I found this is a bit weak. My girlfriend told me to let it like that as this had done the job for 10 years for former owner. But with my spare plywood parts I'm trinking to double it. So here is my quesitons:

- Do you think I should apply contact glue between the 2 plywood?
    - Install the seconf one over the fist one without any glue ? ( I'm a bit affraid as there might intrudue water and get them rot faster)
    - Do as the GF told and let it as is?
    LOVE my Moutain Max !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MR. X View Post
    [FONT="]Hello gang,[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]I bought a used Aluminium Mission trailer. I had no choice to remorve the old floor and replace it. This is 1/2'' plywood. I changed it but I found this is a bit weak. My girlfriend told me to let it like that as this had done the job for 10 years for former owner. But with my spare plywood parts I'm trinking to double it. So here is my quesitons:[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]- Do you think I should apply contact glue between the 2 plywood?[/FONT]
    [FONT="]- Install the seconf one over the fist one without any glue ? ( I'm a bit affraid as there might intrudue water and get them rot faster)[/FONT]
    - Do as the GF told and let it as is?
    Plywood on most trailers I have had are 5/8 to 3/4", are you sure its 1/2" putting another layer would make it stronger but if you glue them together removal down the road for any reason would be a problem.
    Castle X Gear and more...