SX700R deep snow clutching.

JonzQ

Hello guys! I maybe need little bit your help with clutching with deep snow, what you recommend? Sled is SXR700 2001. Stock clutching now. I havent tested at all my sled with snow(only track lifted up) , just will build it before winter i hope.

151"x2" track with 8-tooth nonslip. Stock gearing (Maybe change them).

Head gasket mod, reed stopper mod, double base gasket, turks porting, slp triple pipes. Maybe gonna do airbox mod, maybe not.. Maybe i forgot something what i have done.

So what clutching you recommend? 🙂

Im think about test:
8CR weights
Primary spring b-w-b
Secondary stock green
Helix 48-42

If you have better combination, i will be thankfull!!

Elevation used at will help? I’ve got some decent notes from a piped/ported mountain max still somewhere in the garage. Might not be apples to apples but could be something to compare too. I’m all packed up to move so will have to find them. I usually run a straight 43 at elevation so I know that will be different from what you have.

Elevation used at will help? I’ve got some decent notes from a piped/ported mountain max still somewhere in the garage. Might not be apples to apples but could be something to compare too. I’m all packed up to move so will have to find them. I usually run a straight 43 at elevation so I know that will be different from what you have.

Ah sorry, forgot to mention that.

1000 - 1500 feet elevation.

Yeah maybe i have buy different helixs, but ill try that 48/42 first.

Its very very good, if i can get something / somewhere to start and then make final adjustments 👍🏻

A 48 deg initial seems kind of steep to me in the powder, especially with the weak green stock spring. But this could be right to the weights, never played much with 8cr weights.

Back