1987 Phazer lights not working

900Bullit

Hi everyone, I have a 87 Phazer with electric start that I bought in February. Runs awesome so I decided to restore it. The headlight , tail light and instrument lights don’t work, brake light does work. Ground is good, the blue wires are all together but no power. And nothing at the voltage regulator either. Would this be a voltage regulator problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Hi everyone, I have a 87 Phazer with electric start that I bought in February. Runs awesome so I decided to restore it. The headlight , tail light and instrument lights don’t work, brake light does work. Ground is good, the blue wires are all together but no power. And nothing at the voltage regulator either. Would this be a voltage regulator problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Is there any power to the voltage regulator coming from the stator?

i have tested by cheating the system. using a 12 battery, i grounded the negative to the engine and then i put the positive to the supply wire on the dimmer switch. let me find the bad bulbs in my case as i was also having a running issue at the time.

Back