Fuel hoses between carbs

norwegian

I got a hold of 35,5 mm carbs for an srx. Unfortunately they lacked everything, had to put on nipples on the sides (6 of them, and yes the ones you break very easily), and had to put on 5 nipples for the coolant jacket thing.
It also lacked most of the hoses between the carbs, luckily I had a few from another carb but the rest I had to fabricate. The question is, does it matter if they are ever so slightly larger in inner diameter? I mean the barbs will not let more or less through anyway? Does the lenghts also have to be on the millimeter? They seem pretty good but not perfect. Is this system in use when riding or is it just for fuel drain if something happens? Could the hoses in any way affect the jetting? Meaning leading to lean spots etc.

I got a hold of 35,5 mm carbs for an srx. Unfortunately they lacked everything, had to put on nipples on the sides (6 of them, and yes the ones you break very easily), and had to put on 5 nipples for the coolant jacket thing.
It also lacked most of the hoses between the carbs, luckily I had a few from another carb but the rest I had to fabricate. The question is, does it matter if they are ever so slightly larger in inner diameter? I mean the barbs will not let more or less through anyway? Does the lenghts also have to be on the millimeter? They seem pretty good but not perfect. Is this system in use when riding or is it just for fuel drain if something happens? Could the hoses in any way affect the jetting? Meaning leading to lean spots etc.

They should work if you can put a clamp or zip tie to hold them tight.

They sit snug on the points they atrach to but the inside cc of some of the tubes are slightly more.

I got ahold of a complete set of hoses from another srx carb which also had the tors switch which was missing on this and a tps which was broken on this.

Back