Clutch set up

MYRODMAN

VIP Member
Hello does anyone have a good clutch set up for around 1000 ft in altitude for a 2000 600 triple V max with electric start? Also does anyone have a boost bottle and carb rubbers for this sled? Thanks

Last edited:

Also interested. For my kids 02 vmax 600 “stock pipe” and hopefully have time to get the basic red head mods done this year also

Pretty sure a 51 43 helix with stock weights and springs. Just tune in the rivets in the weights to get to 8400 rpm and add 1 or 2 engagment shims. At least that's similar to Turks advice in the tech pages, shouldnt do u wrong. Could prolly switch to a taller cover(believe the 99 n up) and use a stiffer primary instead of the shims to get a bit more out of it

I've never thinned a head gasket but I only generally hear good things about it. If your gonna clutch it then I'd do that aswell then tune in the weights after. It's basically free hp and bore the silencer if it isnt already done and do the reed stopper notch. I did do that with triple pipes and it really cleaned up the bottom mid range

I've never thinned a head gasket but I only generally hear good things about it. If your gonna clutch it then I'd do that aswell then tune in the weights after. It's basically free hp and bore the silencer if it isnt already done and do the reed stopper notch. I did do that with triple pipes and it really cleaned up the bottom mid range

the head gasket mod was done with no ethenol in the gas back in the day. now it is very hard to get gas without some ethenol in it. just be careful.

Back