Track lug height

NorthofSixty

This sound like a dumb question but what is the correct way to specify the track lug height. Do you include the thickness of the base track or is it measured clear of the base. I ask because I have ordered a number of tracks online over the past few years and I find it very inconsistent which is a pain when you are working with tight tolerances and trying to get the clearance right. Thanks for any advice on this.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! IMO, they should just provide the total track thickness (base plus total lug height - including stud tips if applicable) that will ride on your drivers so you could compare what you have to what your thinking of purchasing... no guessing. PITA. When at the Toronto show, I measure the tracks while at the Camso booth so I can "try" to make a correct decision! If purchasing used, maybe ask the seller to do the same?

Gonna have to start asking for a measurement with a pic of the tape measure. Last 1.5” I purchased turned out to be 2” including the base. Will have to drop down to 7 tooth drives to make it fit. The other thing I did mot expect was the alternating single drive lugs on the inside.

I had a 1,25 track on my 98 srx for years. The 02 I bought used even came with 1,5 inch lugs, I believe it still had the 9 t sprockets.

Back