Rebuild

snowhite

Hey members I'm rebuilding my 600 triple redhead('99) and am wondering what your recommendations would be for this project? I'm using an aftermarket piston set with rings and pins, now can I use the old wrist pin bearings as the piston kits don't come with them, these are yamaha replacement only. Also there are the crank end bearings, MAG side is a crazy price only available from yamaha also the pto bearing which is reasonable. Also do I replace the original reeds, these are available from aftermarket, or go oem? Lastly is the gasket kit there are a variety of sets but I believe I'm going with a winderosa kit. Also have you guys' tried taking that pto bearing off? Which tool is prefered for getting this devil off?

if the crank bearings are smooth when you turn them, i would not replace them. last time i removed one we did it with a torch to remove it. boiled the new one in oil while the crank was outside in the winter to put the new one on. still had to tap it lightly to get it into position.

Back