Srx crank stop rings

Yamitriple

Is there a specific way the snap rings on the crank need to go? Do they all have to be aligned perfectly or is it not that big of a deal? I got the crank into the top case have and had the locating pins all set right but the stop rings were not aligned at all. Is that okay?

Any help would be nice so I can get this bottom end finished up, i know its probably super simple and I'm just thinking to hard but i just ccx would rather be safe than sorry

View attachment 65929
This is a screen shot from the service manual.Hope this answers your question.Roughly insert the stopper so it sits around 80% to the upper/top half of the crank.
I have the manual and seen that, I just didnt understand fully. I installed them as tho i was looking down the crank from the mag side with the crank already into the top case half and the locating pins in place. I hope that's gonna be okay. I understand now I was technically looking at it upside down! Should I split the case back open and put them in again?

I wouldn't be the best one to say yes or no as to whether it will be fine that way or not.I've installed them half and half before or more one side than the other.I would think as long as they're locked in the cases with the locating rings you should be fine.

I wouldn't be the best one to say yes or no as to whether it will be fine that way or not.I've installed them half and half before or more one side than the other.I would think as long as they're locked in the cases with the locating rings you should be fine.
That's what I was thinking. I mean the only purpose of em is to keep those bearings from walking side to side in the case i think? I mean if I cant find somebody to definitely say it's fine then ig I'm gonna split it again lol

they need to be installed, they keep the crank aligned in the case side to side. if you have the crank bearing pins sitting in the holes, you can easily move the crank side to side some to align the grooves via a screw driver between the bearing and crank throw, just gently twist the ehandle and it will slide right over to align. i usually make sure they(rings) catch both cases with same amount.

Thanks mr viper, installed them so they were in both case halfs, more so in one half than the other but all evenly. Just got the motor ready to drop in

Back