8ek vs 8ch

Yamitriple

Thinking about swapping the 8ch weights in my piped sx 700 for 8eks. My current setup rpm is perfect at 9100 just wondering if I switch will I be on the money if I just copy the total weight of the 8ch with the 8ek? Or will the shift profile of the 8ek throw off rpm? Secondary is a 51/39 with green spring at 60. Primary is a solid purple spring

Looking at the weight shift charts in tech I see the 8ek has about 100 more up force at peak and then dives to about 50 less at the end of the curve than the 8ch. The 8 ch are very flat across the board speaking at 270 up force then dipping slightly to about 250

This is for a trail sled, I ride in the UP lots of long rail road grad and straight away, I'm just trying to get better gas mileage and maybe pick a but of response in the mid range and bottom

I see no replies on this one....

Not too sure of exact feedback (about clutch weights). Sometimes, one needs to "try it" and see if a tweaking change works best for one's unique riding conditions. And, one must follow their inner gut - based on self research.

Hope this helps - somehow...

I would look into 8ca’s or maybe 8ab’s. There’s some setups on tech section

I would look into 8ca’s or maybe 8ab’s. There’s some setups on tech section

Not sure what I should do, my primary spring I want to replace but have no idea the pre load pr rate. Its solid purple, but it's not max performance. So just bouncing around trying to find the best setup with what i have available

I bought some 8cr weights aswell, they arnt loaded, so hopefully I can figure something out. I got a wsw and a ysy a green and red secondary spring, a 51-39 45, 47, 46-41 51-43 and a 51-37. I also got a tall cover and I'm getting a purple max perf spring and a red max spring

Who’s pipes are you using. You could always call the make of your pipes and see if they’d help you out with a setup. Tell them you just bought the sled and tell them what’s in it for clutching and hopefully they’ll help you in the right direction.

They are hauck pipes and I've already called, they wont tell me what's in there kit lol or the guy jus doesnt know. They seem to just want me to buy it and its 400 bucks! So just trying to go my own route.

Yep that's hauck for ya. That is why i don't use them anymore. It's along shot but you could try Jeff from cpr performance, i believe he made those pipes for hauck back in the day. I wouldn't buy there kit i had one for my 04 viper and mr. viper700 and moparrules both gave me a better setup that smoked there's.

I would use a spring where at least you know the rate.
I would start with a Yamaha spring for sure.
If you have a short cover primary, I would go with a W/S/W
Green secondary @ 60
8CR weights

I have both covers so good there got wsw and ysy short. Gonna have a max purp and max red as soon as they come in the mail. Also gonna have 8cr weights aswell as soon as they come. I'm sure I can make something work. Just like hearing everyone's opinion always something to learn

I would suggest 51/39
I run almost that exact setup in my sled with the same pipes, works excellent.

Gonna start by getting these 8cr weights loaded and setup the rpm with a ysy, then move to the secondary. Prolly start with the 51/39 with green at 70

here is my recipe for 9100 rpm with those pipes
8CR weights
13.3 rivet inner/ outter empty
short cover / W/S/W
green secondary @ 60
51/43 helix

Purple spring can work too, if you want that much engagement

Back