Thread: 2000 Vmax 600 air intake filter needed

Default 2000 Vmax 600 air intake filter needed

Hello

Looking for a replacement intake filter. New one's are $50 so my buddy doesn't want to spend that much. Anybody know of a good use one or how to repair this current one?

8CH-14450-00-00
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Member Mini

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

The best and cheapest way I found is buy a pre-filter for a shop vac and a cheap hot glue gun. It took me about a 1/2 hr. to cut and glue the material for the first one I did and 10 minutes for others after that. I think the pre-filter cost around $6 and maybe $10 for the hot glue gun. It's held up well as I'm on the 3rd season doing this.shopvac.jpg

Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Hdog3385 View Post
    The best and cheapest way I found is buy a pre-filter for a shop vac and a cheap hot glue gun. It took me about a 1/2 hr. to cut and glue the material for the first one I did and 10 minutes for others after that. I think the pre-filter cost around $6 and maybe $10 for the hot glue gun. It's held up well as I'm on the 3rd season doing this.shopvac.jpg
    I went the same route and I'm going on season 4 with my DIY filter still intact. It's holding up nicely so far!!

Various Aquarium filters are thin enough. A clean surface and hot glue is fine.
    Dannyboy