Lake Neighbor has extensive Yamaha knowledge

GudeMN

I have a place on a lake in north central MN. There are a couple of older fellas who live there year round and they are very entertaining individuals to hang out with. One of them, Dick, is always telling me about his '99 SRX and how great it is. I completely agree with him as I too have a '99 SRX and have to remind him of that every time I see him....ha ha.

After jogging his memory, Dick always tells me I should have Dennis take a look at my SRX and my other Yamaha sleds, as Dennis used to wrench on them on a racing team "back in the day." Early most winters, you can hear sleds rolling down our road and then hitting the lake for some hot laps before heading back to the garage for Dennis to tweak the carburetion or make other adjustments which are way over my head. In particular there is a red and white early 90s Phazer he tunes that absolutely screams. It's fun hearing it sing when making laps on the lake.

Dennis is humble to the end and doesn't talk about himself much in regards to his racing background. He's just a regular guy who likes snowmobiles. But I can tell he's harboring some insane knowledge and wisdom about these sleds. Does the last name Wetterlind ring a bell with anyone?

It won't change my opinion of him...he's great. Just curious if that name resonates at all.

My one neighbour at my south region cottage is like your Central NM buddy. re: Mechanically gifted, always working on any 2-stoke / 4-stroke engine and always doing it with a smile. And, accepts no labour time dollars (only wants dollars for parts / supplies) in return. And magically each year, his lawn's grass gets cut while he's away (on summer time vacation) and his driveway's snow blowing task magically gets done as well.... Yes. There is a few "great guys" hidden in the silent corners of our earth. Glad you have one in your Central NM region as well...

Back