Sc10 skid swap help

Will you measure the frame on the floor now. I started out asking if you did ratchet the skidframe down when you installed the holes.I have 23 1/2 on a sc10 111 there is a 2 and 1 older models. If you did not [1 inch difference] going from mine, it wont work properly.

Not sure what you mean by measure the frame on the floor. What dimension are you looking for?

Was afraid of that. I’d have to pull the skid out to get that measurement tomorrow. The spare measures 25 to where the cross shaft would go but looks like it has a separate mounting option 1” further in front of the cross shaft would put it at 26” c to c

If I did blow the number by an inch which feels likely at this point would I be able to use the other mounting point without having to move tunnel reinforcement and drilling more holes? That would allow an inch of preload

I was in fact an inch off. Adjusted skid to 23 1/2 instead of 24 1/2 and it seems to have done the trick. Excited to get some seat time and get it dialed in. Thank you guys for your time and responses. Will post back when we get some snow ��.

Good to hear just find some blue or black wheels and it should be golden. Or some plastic spray paint. These old sleds will go forever with a better skid in them.Just a reminder for anyone looking to do the same MEASURE THE AXLE SPREAD of the sled it came out of !!!some like this skid has to be pulled down to work as they came out of.

Handy chart but the srx is not as high in the front without work as those sleds are. So it is nice to go tighter and pull limiters up some.

Went for first quick test spin since skid swap. Only have 2” of ice/snow/slush but the itch was to much to resist. Anyways fence line has some nice drifts stutters and 2-3’ moguls. Man what a difference, barely noticed the stutter bumps. Soaked up the moguls nicely without bottoming out or jarring my back. I do think if I was riding harder I would’ve bottomed out. Going to have to wait for better conditions to start dialing it in. Not sure if this is the best option or not but seems like it’s going to be well worth the money and time spent. Fairly easy install with the patient help of a couple members - thank you gentlemen!

Back