Sc10 skid swap help

stolzy

VIP Member
Installed a sc3 skid into a 98 srx last year following some great info I found on here from blue who and several others. Really helped simplify the process. Anyways, the issue is it wants to act like a pogo stick. Any ideas?

Did you have a chance too try it last year? If you did ratchet strap the skid down before installing the holes than see if the rear shock is stuck.

Hmmm, can’t post photos.
Yeah, rode it a few times last year wasn’t a very good year for snow. Replaced the hpg shock with a cheap one I had laying around seemed to help but still has that pogo stick feel. I’m wondering if my ctc is slightly off causing some binding. I’ll work on getting a few pics posted

There’s a spring on the front shock but not the rear... be nice if I’m being dumb and missing something simple...

There are coil springs and springs blocks on each side. The clock in the rear does not have a spring on the shock, they are on the arm down to the rails. 2 cam blocks on each side with 3 settings.

I’ll double check those. Pretty sure I put them on the softest setting. Can’t remember where but I read somewhere that setup was going to be hard in the srx that some dialing in would be required. I bought 2 of the sc skids at the same time still have the extra sitting in my garage. Maybe I’ll swap them this weekend see if I get the same result

I’ll double check those. Pretty sure I put them on the softest setting. Can’t remember where but I read somewhere that setup was going to be hard in the srx that some dialing in would be required. I bought 2 of the sc skids at the same time still have the extra sitting in my garage. Maybe I’ll swap them this weekend see if I get the same result

We mounted one in a SRX it was quite plush.. thinking its either the spring is set to hard or shock is not good.

91991CDF-E4BC-4660-BF47-1313E2107152.jpeg3705AA0B-067C-4595-A9E6-2E47E2F07192.jpegA7074A0E-7FF1-4C3B-BA36-80EFC6C3BA09.jpeg3759FE60-2AA4-432A-808B-A25A2D43AED4.jpegED7EE9BF-107C-4EF1-8B5B-FC8929C4B19E.jpeg

Attachments

• A8EB0C2D-5706-4F9B-917A-9676B627BE20.jpeg
    A8EB0C2D-5706-4F9B-917A-9676B627BE20.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 32764A0C-45CE-4C94-BF33-80E02441F389.jpeg
    32764A0C-45CE-4C94-BF33-80E02441F389.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 51
I would say the shock is probably shot. If it is acting like a pogo stick that usually means that the shock isn't slowing down the rebound of the spring. If you try and push the shock in by hand it should move with a bit of resistance, if it moves easily then the shock is definitely shot IMO.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Measure how far between axles centre of bolt holes on one side of the frame on the floor and than the measment were they are on the sled and give us that please.

Last edited:
That will have to wait until this weekend. Don’t have the sled at my house yet. Maybe I’ll run over there today and do it. Fired up to figure this out. Thank you guys for all the feedback

It moves down with lots of resistance but springs back up not slowly.
Its makes sense that it would go down hard because you are pushing against the spring. The only true test of the shock is to remove the spring and then try to compress the shock.

That’s what I have the blocks set at. Is there any way to get the other measurement you were asking for without pulling the skid?

Its makes sense that it would go down hard because you are pushing against the spring. The only true test of the shock is to remove the spring and then try to compress the shock.

That was with the shock out of the sled. Sorry I should’ve mentioned that

Back