Shock mounts ?

406chevyss

I am curious if anyone here has cut the shock mounts off on the trailing arms and flipped them to gain ride height on their srx.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I am curious if anyone here has cut the shock mounts off on the trailing arms and flipped them to gain ride height on their srx.

I have seen way in the past, new brackets that mount to the bulk head to add height or on Ohlins, there was a extension you could have put on back in the day.

Buddy of mine did that on his when he was riding it in MT. Worked fine. When he moved back to MN he cut them off and flipped them back to the factory height

Buddy of mine did that on his when he was riding it in MT. Worked fine. When he moved back to MN he cut them off and flipped them back to the factory height
Good to hear that some has tried it. The only thing I saw that might be an issue was the steering hitting.

Next question is what shocks have guys replaced the factory srx shocks with to gain ride height and what length are they?

Center to center is 17.5” on the viper shocks. I put viper ohlins on my srx and made new upper shock mounts. It was a little bit of work and some machining but it’s done and I love it. I also put viper rears on it as well. That was the easy part. You will want to use the entire front end from a long travel sled to keep the geometry correct etc.. trailing arms, radius rods and steering rods

Center to center is 17.5” on the viper shocks. I put viper ohlins on my srx and made new upper shock mounts. It was a little bit of work and some machining but it’s done and I love it. I also put viper rears on it as well. That was the easy part. You will want to use the entire front end from a long travel sled to keep the geometry correct etc.. trailing arms, radius rods and steering rods
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you could get me a measurement of the radius rods for the viper from where the hiem threads in to the outside. I'm going to end up making my own. Also curious how much taller the viper ski spindles are compared to the srx.

Last edited:

Back