Srx Tachometer problem

Srx007

I have been chasing, with the little time I have had, my tach problem, it went out at the end of the season. I have checked While harness for rub throughs which I found none. I did have a problem in the past with rub throughs under engine which I fixed and individually wrapped each wire then wrapped bundle together, so no rub throughs there, handle bar rub through fixed wires that run to hood fixed, I did find my headlight relay is bad so that's on order, I replaced the load control relay 2 seasons ago.
Now here's what's got me I have continuity and voltage from cdi/plug all the way through the harness to the tach couple plug and to both tachometer wires, one voltage is 14 (blue tac only) and 7 at the other (brown which goes to tach, fuel gauge and bezel light) I have continuity through the fuel gauge and light but no continuity through the tach.
Should I have continuity through the tach??
Is the tach possibly dead??

did you reroute the wire harness or run it back under the engine again? i had the same issues with rub throughs after taking hrs of checking each individual wire soldering and rewrapping decided to reroute the harness across the front of the carbs
did you visually inspect each wire or just check continuity? maybe a rub through thats grounding out while riding

Yes I did end up putting the wires back under the engine, 5 years ago. I did unwrap the bundle again but I didnt unwrap each individual wire as they didnt look to have any wear marks so I assumed they were fine.
I guess I'm going to have to unwrap the individual wires to check them again, who knows what I'll find then reroute them as you did.
I checked for continuity after I unwrapped the harness from the cdi to under the engine but I didnt unwrap the individual wires themselves.
Thanks for your help.

Back