Whats this on my middle carb?

Capt Fire22

Hi, I am new here. I just bought a 2002 Viper ER and a 2004 Viper S. The Viper ER has a tube coming out of the top of the middle carb cap that goes into the air box. Does anyone know what this is supposed to do? I am planning to order an new cap and remove this thing. Nothing like it on the Viper S.
Thanks for your help

IMG_3264.jpgIMG_3265.jpg

They work absolutely fine. It is close to being what EFI has to offer. Just be aware that your sled ABSOLUTELY needs proper warm up time. WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!!! Or you WILL burn it up.

Thanks, thats what I have been reading. I will give it a try. I might pull off that carb cover and machine a proper hose barb and seal it with an o-ring and nut to secure it and make it look better. I would feel better if I knew it was properly secured and sealed.

While waiting for new reed petals to arrive I decided to make a better job of the tube install. I machined down a npt to tube fitting and installed it with an o-ring to seal the fitting to the cap. I feel better with this in terms of sealing against air leakage and looks.

I also pulled the power valves and found one had the cable pull through so I machined a steel tip for that to.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_253.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_253.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3305.jpg
    IMG_3305.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 4
I have tempaflows on two sleds. 1) There was not enough gap on the large tube between the tempaflow body and the the tube end, it's supposed to be like at least 3/8 of a gap.
2) The blue hose is not their hose, not saying there is nothing wrong with that, but I'm not sure that is the right inner diameter. It also seems to be kind of short, I think the instructions call for it to be 16-24 inches long.
As said earlier in this thread, just make sure you warm them up first. There is now even a tempaflow 2, that reacts twice as fast as the original one, just put it on my 1997 sx 600.

Thanks,

To be honest, that whole installation looks quite hacked to me, this is a new to me sled so I guess I will try and find some install instructions and double check and repair if needed whats already on there.

Back