Yamaha phazer pz480 chaincase removal

Srx007

Hi all, I'm having trouble removing the chaincase housing, cover is off, sprockets off all bolts removed but it doesnt want to slide off the Jack shaft or drive shaft, I didnt see any set screws and am kinda stumped. Keep in mind the sled spent a little time under water and the owner didnt want to finish going through it when we brought it back up. This was 2 seasons ago, maybe the bearings are rusted to shafts?

Hi all, I'm having trouble removing the chaincase housing, cover is off, sprockets off all bolts removed but it doesnt want to slide off the Jack shaft or drive shaft, I didnt see any set screws and am kinda stumped. Keep in mind the sled spent a little time under water and the owner didnt want to finish going through it when we brought it back up. This was 2 seasons ago, maybe the bearings are rusted to shafts?

Can you post some pics of what you have so far. It should come right off.

Thx for the response and I thought the case should slide off like it did for my SRX but I had to ask if I missed something. There is alot of crud built up on the shafts as well, I should have mentioned that. Its been sitting a while and the oil was chunky. I will post pics tomorrow.

Back