Venom 600 ideas ?

4strokesmoke

So i recently picked up a really nice 2004 venom 600 with 2k miles for $400 bucks! The sled is bone stock and just needed a carb cleaning and runs perfect.
Now since i have very little cash invested what power mods can i cheaply do? i was reading about adding weights to get the revs down from 9k. maybe a exhaust mod?

Thanks!

Great find!
Your cheapest and best time investment is in your clutching.
Things to do:
-clean and inspect your clutches for worn rollers etc both primary and secondary clutches
-check/adjust clutch alignment
-install a new belt and check/adjust belt deflection...break it in for a few miles
-check your full throttle shift rpm...it should reach 8500 rpm quickly and hold 8500 rpm...you are better running a little lower rpm then higher
-adjust rpm with a combination of weights and or springs

nice score.

clean up the clutches as corrosion will cause them to bind and give you issues.

i would do the sxr/red head tripple silencer mod and clutch it to run at 8500 rpm as well as the reed notch mod. 2 of the cheapest mods you can do to those engines and they give a pretty decent power bump for the price. both are listed in the tec pages.

i would avoid pipes and aftermarket cans as the dnr is going after them in areas. if it looks stock, less reason for them to bother you.

Thanks for the info! How loud is the muffler mod? Is it just noise or is there a increase in hp? Any base line clutching specs?

never had one myself but i was told power was noticeable. supposedly the muffler mod makes a deeper tone and is not too bad for noise. as to clutching, aim for 8500 peak and then you decide how you want to adjust it for your riding style. i perfer corner to corner set-ups myself as there are a lot of twisty trails around here.

I did the exhaust mod to 3 600's and all of them needed weight added to the middle with stock clutching. I think they all needed weight added to the middle right from the factory to fix the factory over rev. Like said before you want 8500-8600 top rpm. I achieved this by adding 3.6 to 4.5 rivet to inner. Two sleds i had 4.5 both holes and one sled had 3.6 inner and 4.5 tip.

I have a modded can for my MM 700, luckily I also have the can that came with the sled, Not sure about the performance gains, but if you are going for a long trip, it gets a little exhausting with that "droning" sound.

Back