sx viper shock lenght difference

MR. X

Hello Guys,

Why I can see 15 1/4 CTC front shocks for a Viper and also 17CTC for other Viper shocks? Would like to replace my MM700 ( 15 3/8) front shocks by fully adjustable ones and I think the 151/4ones could be a possible winning fit?

Any ideas about this huge difference?

Thanks for your time

Do not know the exact year but on e-bay , there is 15 1/4 CTC and also 17 CTC. So why so much difference ? I'm looking to replace my stock MM700 2001 front shock by fully adjustable and rebuildable shock.

Do not know the exact year but on e-bay , there is 15 1/4 CTC and also 17 CTC. So why so much difference ? I'm looking to replace my stock MM700 2001 front shock by fully adjustable and rebuildable shock.

Shorter could have been a narrow front on the Viper for off trial and MTN riding but could you be seeing the newer style 2014 Viper shocks on Ebay?

no no this is older sx viper models with the clevis. there is 2 different lenghts 15 1/4 and 17

I did some research, the MTN Viper was shorter and the STD/ER Models version was longer, you can interchange just the shock, you would have to change, radius rods, and trailing arms.

Back