Track remains shifted to the right

MichaelAngelo

New skid in the 2010 yamaha venture. No matter what tinkering I do, the track will remain shifted all the way to the right. The only way it will move towards the left is if I really turn in/out one side so that the tension on each side is completely out of whack! Like visibly unbalanced!

I have tried restarting the track tension about four or five times and each time the track - when equally tensioned - will sit shifted all the way to the right.

I am retightening the rear axel after each adjustment and running the track around at 40kmpr for a few seconds then letting it come to rest on its own.

Help?

Thanks guys will have to take a look at that Speedo bearing. I did some searching sounds like I have to take off the secondary?

Any good tutorials on this out there.. even though i just rebuilt an entire skid this sounds like a whole new land of things to possibly go horribly wrong LOL

Its very very simple.
Remove belt.
Remove secondary bolt, slide clutch off shaft.
remove speedo cable and 3 nuts that hold speedo housing on.
slide speedo housing off studs.
there is your speedo bearing.

Its very very simple.
Remove belt.

Thanks! Ok now question is which one in the schematics is it?

this one?

partsdiagram1.png
or this one?
partsdiagram2.png

if replacing the shaft or track yes you need to pull the chaincase. to replace just the green highlighted bearing you do not need to disturb the chaincase.

to replace the red highlighted one, yes you need to pull the chaincase.

Its very very simple.
Remove belt.

This doesn't match up with the schematic? Unsure which bearing could be the issue - could be both? Speedo housing in the schematic is the one behind the chaincase?

There is no need to remove the chain case to remove the bearing (16). Just remove the bolts (18) and the set screws (17). The bearing holder can be split, and then, if it doesn't sit stuck, you just pull the bearing off, you don't have to open the chaincase.

Last edited:
As I said, speedo housing is below the secondary clutch, opposite side of the sled from the chaincase.
Chaincase in no way is involved with what I’m talking about.
Just follow the instructions I gave, and you’ll be fine.

Thanks for the help so far everyone, unfortunately I'm still confused. I believe I ordered the incorrect part.

Service manual with a red arrow pointing over what I think is the speedo baring cover that I should remove for this attempt at fixing my track alignment issue.

partsdiagram3.pngpartsdiagram4.png

But I have looked throughout the entire parts fiche and I cannot find this in the diagrams, above is the closest fiche diagram I found but it doesn't dig any deeper past the housing.

Does anyone know the part number of the bearing I'm trying to replace is?

We all call it the speedo bearing, because its behind the speedo housing.
Its is the driveshaft bearing in actuality.

Back