Looking for some general help with a early 90s Venture XL

mpilihp

So I picked the sled up cheap with the idea of building a fun back yard sled that I can register as a vintage sled and not have to register annually. I keep our sleds up to camp where there is always snow but sometimes we get good snow at home.

So new to yami two strokes I pulled the carbs and tore them now and dipping them to clean. Found a few issues.

First the top bracket that holds them together only had one screw on each side anyone know what size and where you can get replacements?

The second bracket that holds them is missing, assuming I can make one with angle iron and above screws? I assume because the throttle is linked between the two carbs this is needed to keep aligned?

On the output end of the butterfly of the first carb where the second carb attaches it is threaded and I assume there should be a NUT here, probably a special skinny one. Doesnt look like you can buy it based on the parts diagram online.

Is there a mod to simplify this setup and use a throttle cable with two cables on it to the carbs?

How do you get the dash off to get at the Key and the choke cable? Doesnt have a choke cable and no key in hole so want to resolve that.

Anything I should know about these engines? Simple things to improve it?

Thanks

Phil

Back