Phazer 2 ST issue/question

CrankyApex

Website
www.crankyape.com
So I rebuilt a 1995 Phazer 2. Took it out and seemed to be running well. After about 20 miles I could hear a bit of a rattle on the left side that didn't sound normal. All of sudden the sled completely dies. I pulled both plugs, mag side looked perfect, pto side looked lean. I swapped plugs and it started right up and seemed to run fine. I rode it home (took it easy for about 20 miles but seemed to run fine). Upon further inspection I noticed the clutch side side panel rubber insulation came off and was under the clutch, this is a pretty big flat piece of rubber maybe 10 inches by 6 inches and about 1/8" thick. I could see it was chewed up a bit where it was hitting the clutch. Also the snorkel had come off the air box and was bouncing around.

Question is this: Could either of those items have caused the sled to quit, I mean quit like i hit the kill switch? I initially thought the lean condition on the pto side caused it to quit but the other two issues has me rethinking that since it started right up and seemed to run fine. Idles good and RPM's peak at about 7000. No backfiring, no hesitation and no bogging..Makes me nervous to take it too far from home now. Its an extra sled, kinda just for fun, so was riding it to make sure everything was good to go.

I added a pic.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6860.jpg
    IMG_6860.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3

I bypassed the throttle override. I'll put a few miles on it and see if it happens again. I'm a little concerned about the lean looking plug on the clutch side so will check that often.

Back