2001 SRX still holds its own.

74Nitro

VIP Member
Was out racing the neighbour who has an 18 800 Polaris.
Really tight race, we were running about 2000feet in a few inches of heavy snow.
SRX has ripsaw 1.25 track, otherwise stock.

No, both sleds were trail sleds. Polaris has the 1.35 cobra.
The SRX is not mine, I had just serviced it.

Fast speed racer? No wonder why my sled's insurance is so expense. Thanks.

I bet the 2018 800 Polaris has better suspension.

Not me, but it's an apples to oranges comparison. Different time era. If I was offered a 2001 SRX or a 2000 Polaris 700, I would take the SRX
I like my sidewinder.

Yep, to each their own. These sleds are what I like, thats why Im on the site.
I have ridden a new Yamahas before, but do not like the engine braking and seating postion of the new sleds, however, a turbo could help ease the pain Im sure, lol.

I still have a soft spot for many Yamaha sleds of the past. The SRX seven is one of them. If you read my profile/information over on the four stroke side you will see why.

Sounds like a fun race.

I raced a 600 Eteck renegade with my old high mileage 700 redhead triple and it was very close race.

RIGHT ON! I have a 2001 SRX with APEX GT rear skid and a long travel wide front end with Ohlins and it is a much better sled than stock. I ride it as much as my APEX!

You can find the writeup for install dimensions here on TY. Its a very simple four point install. You will need the tunnel brackets and can get them from Travis at " Barn of Parts". He may even have a mono skid for you. i weighed the two skids ten years ago when i installed mine and believe its a 14 or 16 lbs
weight savings. You wont believe the difference. Go get some.
---mac---

RIGHT ON MAC. I did 2 of them and the difference is amazing. The GT skid can have the electronic shock turned into a clicker. I have a couple of spare Electric Ohlins.

MAC LOOKS LKE NEXT WEEKEND WILL BE A GOOD ONE ON THE HILL. WHEN YOU COMING UP?

Back