SRX carb help

Northernsrx7

VIP Member
Recently bought a 98 srx that is supposed to have a ported 780 big bore kit. Took it out for a little ride when I got home and it was a complete dog. Brought it into the garage and started tearing into the carbs and noticed the main jet ring that sits in the float bowl area is missing on all three carbs. To me this seems like a important part (it has to be there for a reason). Has anyone else ever came across this issue and if it will cause problems running the sled with out it.

Last edited:

It's a baffle to prevent fuel from bouncing around too much, like on very rough trails for example. In most conditions it won't matter so I doubt it is your trouble.

Ok was just curious, the trouble is in the jetting #1,#3 is a 170 main jet, #2 main is 200. Thank you for the response just didn't want to put it back together and try to tune this carb if it was going to be causing issues with it missing.

You had me curious murder, so I contacted the guy I bought it from. He confirmed they are the stock carbs and he only touched the jetting on it.

Last edited:
That is very rich jetting.
I have never had a 780, but did a quick search and found another guy with one that is running 165 mains.
I would guess that 200 jet will foul that hole out.

Yea its very rich. I'm waiting on jets to come in the mail, but we all know how slow the current mail system is. Order 165, 160, 155, and I belive 158 mains. Also order some 50 pilots. Hoping to atleast get close on the tuning, will more than likely leave it a little on the rich side just to keep some safety in it.

Back