Ding - Ring the bell win a prize!!!

Ding

Darn Tootin'
Looking up some tech info for older Yamaha sleds (yes I still wrench) I ended up on this site. Been quite a while, so I thought I would say Hi and see if anyone responds. Kinda neat just reflecting back on TY Rides of past years and remembering different ones. So many came to mind, way too many to mention but a few stand out.

Tom (Mr Sled) - Many kudos for keeping this site alive nearing 20 years. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to you.

Dave (ViperDave) - Rode many miles just ahead or behind of you - always a great help on the site and at the rides.

Scott (OnlyBlue) RIP - So sad to hear of his unexpected passing near Sturgis SD - always friendly and a big help at the rides. Sorry he didn't like the nickname we gave him, but he was born to be a MC and never needed a microphone. I am sure he is greatly missed at the rides.

and so many more - not even sure they still attend the rides - pro116, buddah, richierich, nospro, crewchief47, and on and on (sorry if I missed your name)

Hello to all - newcomers and old - I am going to make one of these rides either this year or next even if I have to drive a 2 stroke off-trail sled. Riding mostly in the mountains out west I just rent sleds. I wish I could find a place that rents Sidewinders in the UP. Be cool to see what y'all are talking about.

welcome back!

i usually make 2 rides a year now but brothers do not have time anymore. sucks going to miss this year as the canada/usa border will probably be closed until march the way things are going.

most of the old crew still shows up for at least one of the rides, usually the giveaway for most of them. most of them are over on the 4 stroke side more often than here.

good news is there is a pure off trail crew now that does no trail at all.

i am resisting going the winder route as i enjoy what i have and it gets the job done. did demo one but not sure if my hands could handle the engine vibrations from the engine as i know i cannot on the 1050 in the rs and nitros on long runs.

Hey guys. Remember you both.

Maim - I do remember you and your brothers and the old white Chevy. I remember a driveshaft failure one of your brothers had south of Munising. While some of us chatted about what advice to give you guys, you backed up to the down sled, your brother picked up the tail and set the track on your bumper. Proceeded to tie it on, Then as we stood there with our mouths open fumbling for our cameras, he put a foot on each ski facing backwards, grabbed the handlebars and you guys were gone in a cloud of snow dust. I no longer question how best to get a sled with a broken axle out of the bush!!! Someone did get a picture btw. Can't remember who but they sent it to me.

Super1c - I bet your daughter is all grown up now. Does the family still ride?

Maim - I do remember you and your brothers and the old white Chevy. I remember a driveshaft failure one of your brothers had south of Munising. While some of us chatted about what advice to give you guys, you backed up to the down sled, your brother picked up the tail and set the track on your bumper. Proceeded to tie it on, Then as we stood there with our mouths open fumbling for our cameras, he put a foot on each ski facing backwards, grabbed the handlebars and you guys were gone in a cloud of snow dust. I no longer question how best to get a sled with a broken axle out of the bush!!! Someone did get a picture btw. Can't remember who but they sent it to me.

We sure do. She’s 24 now and still sporting the viper! We’ve added a boyfriend now, he bought my old viper! Ride every chance we get. This year has been tough but doing the snow dance!

lol yup. done that tow trick a few times since. that brother now runs an apex mtx on and off trail and makes it look like he is manhandling an enticer compared to the rest of us.

i know it wasn't dave as we dissapeared before he got back and he only saw the pic's of it.

Yah, your brother moved like a bear and seemed to have the strength of one too.

lol yup. still that way. i tend to only try the stunts he does with an aircool as it is easyer to dig out.

Hey Scott, bet your kid(s) are all grown up too !!!

Are you still wrenching and modding things?

Not much. No time. 4 girls, two school teachers, one graduating this year. Fourth in 6th grade.

Still riding the apex and a family venture.

Building a new glass shop this winter. Maybe next winter I'll build something again. Have a v4 and a apex se to put together. Both totally stock.

Whatcha building?

Lol, I wreck em first, then I have to build em. Still keeping the old SX Viper running with over 16K miles on it.. My son wrecked my Attak a few years back so been parting that out. I go to West Yellowstone, Cooke City and Lava Mtn when I can so just rent 850 Skidoo 165x3 mtn sleds. Haven't tried an Alpha yet but do like it's twin the new Mtn Max. I liked the last M7 I rode. Other then that I try to take siblings and cousins kids riding when I can, so keep some air cooled machines running.

Lol, I wreck em first, then I have to build em. Still keeping the old SX Viper running with over 16K miles on it.. My son wrecked my Attak a few years back so been parting that out. I go to West Yellowstone, Cooke City and Lava Mtn when I can so just rent 850 Skidoo 165x3 mtn sleds. Haven't tried an Alpha yet but do like it's twin the new Mtn Max. I liked the last M7 I rode. Other then that I try to take siblings and cousins kids riding when I can, so keep some air cooled machines running.
We are all getting old, my brother!!!

i need to try one for a whole day. did demo ride one in 17 but it was not a long enough ride for me to see if i could tolerate riding one. i know i cannot ride a 1049 motor for more than a few hours and those motors have a harmonic that makes my hands numb.

Back