Idle Adjustment

Yzed608

VIP Member
Red head 600, I've had an issue trying to adjust the idle on this sled since I've had it (not getting it to idle, but just using the adjustment). I must not be understanding how the idle adjustment screw/TORS switch mount works. There is a nut underneath that goes on the screw:
idleadjust.JPG
Before the TORS switch goes on, where do I set this nut? I tried having it threaded all the way in, so since these are reversed threads, after the TORS switch is on, if I turn it in (aka less threads shown under bracket) the nut follows down the screw, if I then turn it out the nut doesn't go back up with it and I'm stuck with it that far. At that point I have to take the switch off and manually put the nut up higher. It's like a one way adjust with the screw. I have had the adjustment screw come all the way out trying to adjust the idle (not noticing where it was) and the thing stuck wide open because the lower spring pushed the rack out.

How do I set this up to where I can move the idle adjustment screw in and out and not have to take the TORS switch off to reset the position of the nut on the bottom?

I don't have direct access to take a look at it right now so this is going off of memory, may have my ins and outs reversed.

I will have to try that. Do you see any issue missing #57 & #58 washers? I'm pretty sure those things shot off into oblivion at some point.
eb7645423782b180c4abb05e3e9737dc.png

Thank you

Back