Rear Axel Assembly?

Pverra

Looking for help. I am rebuilding the skid on a 2000 Vmax 600 triple. Rear axel (3 wheel) was bent and worn (middle wheel bearing was “flopping” on just inner race. I removed, and probably did not take enough care how all the bushings/ spacers etc go back together.
I located a used axle, and replaced all bearings. I reassembled as I thought, but both outer wheels seem very stiff and don’t spin freely. Inner wheel spins.
I have tried locating an “exploded view” of the rear axle assembly, but no luck.
Would anyone have any pictures or insight on the reassembly sequence.
Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!😁👍

Thanks again. Turns out I had a washer and a bushing reversed, and it was “jamming up” the outer wheels . Spinning freely now. That was just what I needed.

i would add a 4th wheel to it to prevent that from happening again. all you need is another wheel and a hacksaw to do it.

i would add a 4th wheel to it to prevent that from happening again. all you need is another wheel and a hacksaw to do it.

Thanks again to you all for the help. All back together. Btw: the thread about track re-installing, i.e- flipping sled on it side....genius! I did an install myself and a floor jack in just over an hour. Smoothest ever for me!! 😁 great advice found here!

Back