Handlebar loops and guards?

Dave T

I have an ongoing project with a 2004 Venom ER. Over the past couple years, mods include 136 rail and tunnel extension (Hartman); 1.35 Cobra track; Boss seat (love it); and 2" riser block (love it).

I've only put a few hundred miles on it but I really like the sled. I'm 60, 6' 2" and just trail ride. With the tall seat and riser, however, wind is more of an issue.

Looking for recommendations for hand grip guards/shields to keep wind off my hands. I don't want to eliminate the stock foam and vinyl handlebar cover.

Also looking for recommendation for 45 degree handlebar loops/hooks that I can install (I really like how I can hang off my Apex).

While the sled has the standard 12" windshield, I will install a "tall" 15" windshield when I find one.

((Reminder - The Venom has the same controls (throttle and brake levers) as the 04 Viper.))

I apologize if this info is already on the forum, but after much searching, I couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.

Dave T

Might want to look at dirtbike/ATV hand guards. I also have a Venom, I put motocross Cycra stealth DX handguards on mine and they fit pretty good (although on MX bars with a riser). I did have to tweak the mounts a bit though so they wouldn't hit the windshield at full lock (low windshield).
20180120_191134.jpg20180120_191122.jpg20180120_191109.jpg20180120_185322.jpg
There have been some guys that put Apex bars on these older sleds. You need some decent risers though as they are much lower than the 2 stroke bars.
https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/78800-Viper-with-Apex-Bars

I used Powermadd Race Flare foam guards and Tri-mount attachments. I tried many others and like this setup best. The new Fuzion guards look similar too,
but I haven't tried them.

45° bar ends come in various sizes, just get the ones that match your bars and grips.

as to the windsheild, look at the 2004 sx venture 700 as that was the year with the viper motor and hood. dad has one and the windsheild is plenty big with the 2" riser i have on it.

Thanks guys.

Maim - Yes, I've been looking for an OEM tall Venture windshield, but Yamaha no longer has it available. Sno Stuff makes one but I prefer OEM when possible.

Ding - Does your Powermadd setup clear a standard mid height (12") and/or tall (15") windshield?

Back