2002 SX Viper to 2004 SX Viper Engine Swap - DCS Error

xman57

Put my 02 motor in a 04 SX chassis (with DCS) - The motor is solid, starts fine but will backfire and cough and spit.
Removed the tors from the system (shorted it out at the carbs)
Heads up is flashing 6 flashes = DCS sensor error. 02 engine doesn't have DCS sensor in the head, tried to just use the sensor from the 04 head but the same issue occurs - 6 flashes.

Is there a way to remove the DCS activating (Tors like)

Any suggestions would be helpful,

I have checked everything and it all seems to be in order - carbs are clean, no cracks in intake boots (3) power valves are clean, adjusted and working.

Try to ground the dcs and see what happens.

Makes sense - - I tried just pluggin in the DCS sensor from the old head but didnt change a thing - -
you suggesting just trying to ground the one side or the other of the sensor?

Tx

Yes, ground the threaded side. Drill and tap somewhere where there is metal and screw it in. You can first just try grounding, making sure it gets contact with metal, then see if it goes away

Yes, ground the threaded side. Drill and tap somewhere where there is metal and screw it in. You can first just try grounding, making sure it gets contact with metal, then see if it goes away

Buddy you are the man - - I grounded the DCS sensor (thread side) and DCS error - 6 Flashes is gone and it is running way better

I have to get it all back together and test when we get snow.

Tx. so much.

Thanks again - - - I knew it was that but didnt think about grounding the threads, doing to drill and tap it into the throttle cable mount - seems like the best place
I had that thing all apart on Sunday - - changed the ECM, speedo/tack, pulled the carbs

Thanks again - - Now we just need snow in Ontario

Back