Radar Runs and melting Hyfax.

Olivia317

VIP Member
My son and I are starting to do some radar runs with our SRX700 because there is no snow in Minnesota. We made four runs last weekend and melted the slides. There is blue plastic stuck to the track clips! What's the secret? Not putting new slides in after every weekend run.

Dupont slides will take the heat much better. Also, fully clipping the track helps.

bigger wheel up front, scratchers hanging in the middle of your bellypan to make chips as you go down the track. also do you you have an even stud pattern? If you run studs up the middle only, the inside of your track bows up on the ice and wears the inners badly. for ice running, stud inside and outside pattern for even track pressure on slides and studs.

Slightly larger wheels and add a few more. Also, you WANT to use a worn out pair of sliders if you want good speed. Paper thin!

We used to also use some electrician's wire pulling lube before making grass drag runs. I can't remember the exact brand, but it had "micro-beads" in it, little silicon balls. We'd hose that on the slides before pulling up to the line.
Bigger wheel up front will make the most difference.

Don't know if its allowed but I used to watch ovals in the 80's and wondered what the green stuff was leaking out of the bottom. Well they used antifreeze to lubricate the sliders on the ice. Maybe try a small bottle with some strategically place hoses and plumbing anti-freeze cause its friendly.

Can install lubers. Junkyard windshield washer pump, tank, hoses, & a button, washer fluid.

If not have used dawn dish washing liquid applied liberally to track/sliders for quick & easy. I figure if they clean birds with it it should be ok to go into the lake.

Back