Exciter 570 Carb kits?

SlipperyKarp

Hey everyone. I have an 88 Exciter project and Im having an absolutely terrible time finding carb rebuild kits. The original carbs to this sled are horribly dirty. Needs everything replaced. I purchased a set of carbs for an Exciter II, hoping they would work but the float bowl gaskets leak and I cannot find replacements anywhere. I was told I would be better off running the carbs from the Exciter II, because they have all the updates, but I still need those gaskets. If anyone knows were I can get kits for either set, please let me know.

You don't need a 'kit'.
If I was rebuilding these I would first of all soak everything in Kleen-Flo heavy duty parts cleaner, which should be available at your local auto store.(never soak anything rubber in this)
Then I would order 1) new needle valves Mikuni #VM28/511, size 1.5
2)Main nozzles(same size as originals)
3)bowl gaskets
That's all you really need.

The jetting I know I can buy in pieces, its the rubber bits and especially bowl gaskets that are proving difficult to find. The OE carbs use a paper bowl gasket, that seems to be the same size as a VM36, so that's not terrible, but the o rings on the bottom of the needle jet seem to be a unique size. The Exciter II carbs use an o-ring type bowl gasket, and I can't find that anywhere. Doesn't match any of Mikunis "universal" parts that I've found.

Back