Good first season ride today....

Jack99

First season - Good ride today....

This morning, I noticed my local OFSC trails are open - in yellow (caution) status. At lunch time, I took my 1999 Sled out for its first season ride. At first, I could tell she was feeling old & stiff (like me). But after a few slow speed stretches, she was back to her old reliable self again. If wondering, my local trails are max 50 kph (30 mph) and I did a few max 45 kph stretches - slowly allowing its older age parts to wake up and smile. And, loved its triple sound around its 6,000 RPM mark. Today, we burned up our first 1/4 tank of gas. My next planned ride is this coming weekend - with my 70 year old buddy (on his Tundra). Looking forward to our slower ground speed ride and our many trail stops - to have a physical rest and chat. And, nice to see the younger age guys giving us happy salutes when they see our older age faces (on our older age sleds). As explained before, this season will most likely be my last ride (due to my older age and sensitive older age back). Only time will tell....

Hope you guys are enjoy this season as well.....

Last edited:

Never say never !!!

We still do dumb stuff, just quite a bit slower!!!

Riding is riding even if it is just across the yard :D

Where are you located - used to ride Wawa -Dubre - Hornepayne - Manitouwadge, Timmins, Hearst, Cochrane, Chapleau and down to Halfway.

Hi Ding.

Since my above opening post, I've done a few more solo rides and rides with my old age buddies as well. We "go slow" speed and let the young age kids zip past us. re: We go max 45 kph / 25 mph - which is my comfort speed. Actually, my one buddy took his last sled ride last Sunday and sold his on Monday/Tuesday. He's "done done" with sledding due to his older age..... In time, I will need to-do the same as well.... Only time will tell....

Last edited:

This afternoon, I'm planning to remove my sled from its low profile 6x10 Utility trailer and park it within my background shed. The last ride on my sled was March 4 (for a nice slow speed 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM ride). For me, another great season. re: No break downs and only had to buy new Spark Pugs, and a new belt (which I will install in future season). And, I might buy new ski carbides this fall as well. Back into the shed she goes and I thank my 1999 sled for another safe and enjoyable season..... To be winterized in April (when my weather is warmer). If wondering, no other mods planned for future years. She's now near perfect for my groom trails and my slow speed driving style....

Hopefully, your sled riding season was great and enjoyable as well....

Back