Redhead Clutch weight question

rx1007

I was looking in the tech section and went to Turks clutching/jetting section. He noted using 14.5 rollers for a 2000-2001 sxr 700 in addition to "above per trail or racing." I see it lists 97-99 sx700 trail and 97-99 sx700 racing. I'm assuming these are single pipe specs. Trail spec says stock weights while racing states 8ca weights. My question is ,are the stock weights for the 97-99 or the 2000-2001? I'm also looking for all of these parts including the 51/43 helix. Does anyone have these they'd like to sell? Lastly, what is the twist for the stock or silver secondary spring he has listed? I am going to do the stock exhaust mod and head gasket mod as well.

I was looking in the tech section and went to Turks clutching/jetting section. He noted using 14.5 rollers for a 2000-2001 sxr 700 in addition to "above per trail or racing." I see it lists 97-99 sx700 trail and 97-99 sx700 racing. I'm assuming these are single pipe specs. Trail spec says stock weights while racing states 8ca weights. My question is ,are the stock weights for the 97-99 or the 2000-2001? I'm also looking for all of these parts including the 51/43 helix. Does anyone have these they'd like to sell? Lastly, what is the twist for the stock or silver secondary spring he has listed? I am going to do the stock exhaust mod and head gasket mod as well.

Correct, those are single pipe set ups. It would specify what pipes if its a piped set up.

Just did the same set up as turks page for my 2001 vmax with 14.5 rollers,headgasket ,2 shims muffler ,headgasket ,51/43 and amazed how much it changed ,now revs 83 8400 not 8900 and pulls hard.

So what weights should I use? The 8 CA for the racing setup with the necessary rivets, the stock ones from 97-99 (8CH) trail(as listed) with appropriate rivets, or stock ones from the 2001 with rivets? Everything else is going to be done. Can't wait to see the difference. Thank you for all the help.

So what weights should I use? The 8 CA for the racing setup with the necessary rivets, the stock ones from 97-99 (8CH) trail(as listed) with appropriate rivets, or stock ones from the 2001 with rivets? Everything else is going to be done. Can't wait to see the difference. Thank you for all the help.

I like the 8ca and 8ab set ups for the 700 triples.

I was thinking of the 8CAs as well. These come bare correct? I would still need to add the rivets Turk listed correct?

I have a set of 8ca ‘s that I can load up for using 4.5 inner 3.1 tip. I can as look through stuff and see what else I have. Pm me if your interested.

Should be all kinds of these around. Yamaha used these for years and years on RX-1 and Apex. 03 through 18

Back