Track rubbing on my 2000 SX600R triple

heywire22

I recently bought this 2000 sx600r triple come to find out it must of struck something. It has a ripsaw track on it and I noticed that the track has spots all ripped out right where the heat exchanger protectors are well there’s one left. I already fixed a broken motor mount and a arms. Just when I thought I was ready to go it felt like something was holdin the track from spinning. Also I just replaced every bearing in the skid with new runners. I also studded it. Would the track be rubbing because the shocks are worn out or is this style track to much for this sled and should I remove the protector and not stud it. Been nothing but problems but I really wanna get this thing out there suppose to work really good. Oh this is my first sled. Let’s say I’ve learned a lot so far but not by choice lol

if running studs with an 1.25" track in that sled, most guys dropped the driver size to 8 tooth from the 9 to keep the cooler safe and just re geared.

the 1.25" track rubbed on the protectors on those sleds with the 9 tooth drivers. most guys either let them wear in, pulled the protectors or notched the track so it wouldn't rub. the shocks do not affect this. in your case i would pull the studs out and pull the remaining protector and run it like that. when i put that track in my 01 sxr, i elected to let it wear in but i had bought one that had come off of a srx that had already trimmed the track.

Back