1979 SRX clutch setup?

Equalizer

Just finished reviving an old 1979 SRX 440, aside from 38mm carbs it's all stock [no idea what they are off of] Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good clutch setup using the stock Yammy clutch?

Mainly lookng for a clutch spring that will bring the engagement rpm up to about 5000-5500

Thanks Ski-B, I have one SRX with the stock Yamaha clutch and another one with the Comet 102c. Clutching on the 102C isn't too bad, I'm running the N-1 cam arms and purple spring but I'm always open for suggestions for sure!

We run the EPI 44 gram belly buster Polaris weights in the 102C. Along with the EPI Red primary spring. You will have to take the clutch to a machine shop to machine the cover and the spider to accept the EPI Polaris spring. Way more spring choices with the Polaris springs. It is worth the time.

The secondary... install a Red Polaris ATV secondary spring. Part number 7041198. Set on #1 and 180 Degree preload.

This set up will engage around 5700-5800 rpm and have good back shift if trail riding on/off throttle.

Depending on your chassis...push engine right forward on mounts and run a Dayco HP 3006 belt. Yamaha belt is to long and motor mounts have to be ground to get proper center to canter with Yamaha belt.

Myself I like the 46 gram EPI weights in this set up. Just seems to pull harder. Good Luck.

We run the EPI 44 gram belly buster Polaris weights in the 102C. Along with the EPI Red primary spring. You will have to take the clutch to a machine shop to machine the cover and the spider to accept the EPI Polaris spring. Way more spring choices with the Polaris springs. It is worth the time.

The secondary... install a Red Polaris ATV secondary spring. Part number 7041198. Set on #1 and 180 Degree preload.

This set up will engage around 5700-5800 rpm and have good back shift if trail riding on/off throttle.

Depending on your chassis...push engine right forward on mounts and run a Dayco HP 3006 belt. Yamaha belt is to long and motor mounts have to be ground to get proper center to canter with Yamaha belt.

Myself I like the 46 gram EPI weights in this set up. Just seems to pull harder. Good Luck.
That's awesome, very much appreciated, thank you! I really like the Polaris weights and spring idea as like you said, Comet choices are somewhat limited. Thanks agian!

Back